It’s the simple things that do not have much cost affiliated to them that often times make a big difference to a potential buyer. Sellers ~ de-clutter your home before your home hits the market!! Here’s one of my simple tips that will help in selling your North Shore home. If you are planning on selling your home, start by organizing your front hall closet….
Your front hall closet is going to be viewed when Buyers come to look at your house. Most people have their front hall closet packed tight with coats and jackets, boots, shoes, gym bags, school back packs, dog paraphernalia and odd assortment of things. Before you put your house on the market, be sure to de-clutter the front hall closet and spruce it up by taking these simple steps:
- Buy a box of wooden hangers (they look solid and substantial while costing less than a dollar each).
- Take out all the coats and jackets and choose one or two for each person in the house – one if there is little space, two if there is more room.
- Take out anything that is not a coat, boot, scarf and glove related. Find a different place in the house for these items.
- If you need to have shoes in closet get shoe organizers
- Toss the bent hangers and mismatched mittens.
- You can pack your seasonal coats and outerwear now, in anticipation of the move. You might take this opportunity to have your coats cleaned and for the ones that have not been worn for years….donate them!!
This is a good first step to preparing your home to go on the market. If you are ready to sell your North Shore home – give me a call. First impressions are critical both online and when a potential buyer comes to view your home. We will walk through every room and come up with a plan to make your home look its best!